[MonoDevelop] Gtk# project with parallel mono environment

Nicholas Frechette zeno490 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 22:45:13 EDT 2010

I took a look at that section, modified my environment script accordingly
however, the same still happens.
My source script looks as follow, and find attached a stdout/stderr log of
what happens when I open monodevelop, create a new gtk# project and attempt
to open a designer view.

export ACLOCAL_PATH=$MONO_PREFIX/share/aclocal
PS1="[mono] \w @ "

Note that I do see that it fails to find glade# when i build gtk# but it
finds it when I build monodevelop... through the /usr/lib/pkgconfig

Setting MONO_GAC_PREFIX in the way I did above doesn't seem to help even
though it is 'not empty'.


On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Michael Hutchinson <
m.j.hutchinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Nicholas Frechette <zeno490 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi, I'm on ubuntu 9.10 and i'm trying to create a gtk# project.
> > I've installed mono 2.6 from sources in a parallel environment as per:
> > http://patrick.qmtech.net/blog/?p=14
> > After wards, i've built/installed from source the following using the
> mono
> > 2.6 environment (in order listed):
> > mono-addins 0.4
> > gtk# 2.12.10 (i've tried with 2.12.9 as well with the same result)
> > monodevelop 2.2.2 (I also tried trunk a few days ago and the same issue
> > would happen)
> >
> > I launch monodevelop using the 2.6 mono environment and I get the
> following:
> > Upon launching, I get a dialog telling me an addin is having problems but
> > does not list a name, if i expand it, i see:
> >
> > Error: Error while getting object for node in path
> > '/MonoDevelop/Core/PlatformService'.
> > Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type
> > 'MonoDevelop.Platform.Gnome' from assembly 'GnomePlatform,
> Version=,
> > Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
> > Coming from Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode.CreateInstance
> My guess would be that you're running into
> http://www.mono-project.com/Parallel_Mono_Environments#BEWARE:_pkgconfig_fallback_behaviour
> I.e. you were able to build the GNOME platform addin, because the
> gnome# assemblies are discoverable via pkg-config at compile-time, but
> they're not in the GAC, so it fails to load at runtime.
> You might want to try setting MONO_GAC_PREFIX -
> http://www.mono-project.com/Parallel_Mono_Environments#Tip:_MONO_GAC_PREFIX
> --
> Michael Hutchinson
> http://mjhutchinson.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/monodevelop-list/attachments/20100604/b48662e5/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: monodevelop.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 10247 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/monodevelop-list/attachments/20100604/b48662e5/attachment-0001.bin 

More information about the Monodevelop-list mailing list