[mono-packagers] Disabling moonlight extensions
m.j.hutchinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 19:02:06 EDT 2008
> MD [1.9] currently ships with support for moonlight. Is there any way to
> disable this through the configure script or do I have to hack a pile of
> stuff out?
1) MD does not depend on moonlight at all, any more than bash depends on smcs.
2) It isn't hard to remove the extension anyway, though removing all
references to the 2.1 runtime would be more difficult.
3) You should not be shipping 1.9 as stable packages. Preview packages are okay.
4) I'm not going to add a configure script option, since it's not a
5) In future please cross-post MD questions to the MD list. I don't
appreciate having to join yet another list just so that I can answer a
6) Kneejerk reactions like this help nobody. Please investigate issues
like this properly before making huge assumptions.
More information about the mono-packagers-list