[Mono-osx] Installing Docs
hazlema at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 13:09:39 EST 2011
I am bran new to MonoMac, I installed MonoMac from a binary that didn't
install the documentation into monodoc. This took me a while to figure
out how to install yesterday, so i'll share so you won't have the same
headache. I also haven't used *nix in years so my shell commands may be
the long way around, but they still work :-)
* Pull the latest and greatest MonoMac from GitHub
* Extract this to a location of your liking.
* Open up a terminal and go to that directory
* Copy MonoMac.dll to that directory. if you don't know where the
dll is on your system, type the following command to find it.
*sudo find -f / 2> /dev/null | grep -i monomac.dll$*
* Now run:
*mdoc update -o docs/en ./MonoMac.dll*
* Three files should now be created in the docs directory called
monodoc*, copy these files to
*sudo find -f / 2> /dev/null | grep -i monodoc/sources$*
* Last step is to rebuild the index / search. Go to were monodoc lives
*sudo find -f / 2> /dev/null | grep -i MonoDoc.app/Contents/MacOS$*
* Execute the following commands:
*mono browser.exe --make-index
mono browser.exe --make-search-index*
Hope this helps someone.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-osx