[Mono-osx] [ANN] mobjc 0.6 and mcocoa 0.5
jesjones at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 29 07:29:14 EDT 2009
mcocoa provides C# wrappers around nearly all of Apple's Foundation
and AppKit frameworks. mobc is a bridge between Mono and Objective-C.
Together these libraries allow you to write Cocoa applications using
Mono. Unlike most other libraries mobjc properly handles exceptions
arising in both managed and native code.
The libraries can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/mcocoa/> and <http://code.google.com/p/mobjc/
Changes to mcocoa include:
* Fixed the SetFrontProcess code which (sometimes) crashed horribly on
* Added NSMutableArray.Create methods.
* Added NSRange, NSPoint, NSSize, and NSRect ToString overloads which
support culture invariant round tripping. Also added Parse methods.
* Added NSPoint.Distance.
* Added NSSize.Area.
* Added NSRect.Left, Right, Bottom, Top, Contains, Intersects,
Intersect, and Union.
* NSArray, NSIndexSet, NSDictionary, and NSString implement
* Made some NSDocumentController methods return NSDocument instead of
* Replaced the NSString operator== and != string overloads with an
Equals overload to avoid ambiguities with null.
* Added NSShowAnimationEffect functions.
* Added NSNib.NSNibOwner and NSNibTopLevelObjects constants.
* Added NSPasteboard and NSDocumentType externs.
* make install creates the /usr/local directories if they don't exist.
Changes to mobjc include:
* Did some work on the cocoa-pack script:
- Made the bundle's Resources directory the working directory so
mono finds the mobjc-glue.dylib there instead of the one in /usr/local/
- Quoted a path so apps launch even if there is a space somewhere
in their path.
- The mono link is now named after the bundle and the link is now
hard which means that the process name will now be something
reasonable instead of "mono".
* mobjc-glue.dylib is now built as a universal binary.
* Moved DisableRuleAttribute, Unused, and WeakList into a Helpers
* Added a Helpers.Contract class based on Microsoft's contract goo.
* Removed AssertListener.
* make install now creates the /usr/local directories if they do not
More information about the Mono-osx