[Mono-list] new install stopped working
Daniel Lo Nigro
lists at dan.cx
Sun Dec 30 21:43:07 UTC 2012
Web.config is an XML file so you need to use XML comments to comment things
out (surround the whole block by <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end).
On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:55 AM, DevLOOP <devloop at flight.us> wrote:
> On December 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM DevLOOP <devloop at flight.us> wrote:
> > On December 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM "Kornél Pál" <kornelpal at gmail.com>
> > > On 12/30/2012 7:27 PM, DevLOOP wrote:
> > > > Description: An application error occurred on the server. The
> > > > custom
> > > > error settings for this application prevent the details of the
> > > > application error
> > > > from being viewed (for security reasons).
> > > > Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
> > > > viewable,
> > > > please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
> > > > file
> > > > located in the root directory of the current web application. This
> > > > <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to
> > >
> > > You should follow the instructions in that message to enable
> > > a more helpful error message including a stack trace.
> > >
> > Done (I was confused earlier about the web.config file -- where my app
> > was (i hadn't explicitly created an "app", per se))
> > Now I'm getting this error message:
> > ------------ begin quote ------------------
> > System.IO.FileNotFoundException
> > Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data' or one of its
> dependencies. The
> > system cannot find the file specified.
> > Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.
> > Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or
> > mscorlib.
> > ---------------- end quote --------------
> > followed by "Exception stack trace..."
> OK. The above was actually caused by an apparently bad (randomly grabbed)
> web.config I plastered earlier in my web root, which contained
> <add assembly="MySql.Data"/>
> and I had used the pound sign to (try to) comment out the Mysql.Data lines,
> which apparently didn't comment them out, which made me assume that the
> error was triggered by something else (hence my previous post)
> Plus I had an incredible coincidence of a variety of DISSIMILAR syntax
> across my three test files, plus a case-sensitivity served file error --
> were masked by the same generic runtime error message but are now clearly
> Whew! thanks for the help, and sorry about the nuisance -- i DID say I was
> total beginner (I can't even comment out configuration lines)
> Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-list