[Mono-list] new install stopped working

DevLOOP devloop at flight.us
Sun Dec 30 20:55:03 UTC 2012

On December 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM DevLOOP <devloop at flight.us> wrote:

>  On December 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM "Kornél Pál" <kornelpal at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On 12/30/2012 7:27 PM, DevLOOP wrote:
>  > > Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current
>  > > custom
>  > > error settings for this application prevent the details of the
>  > > application error
>  > > from being viewed (for security reasons).
>  > > Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be
>  > > viewable,
>  > > please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration
>  > > file
>  > > located in the root directory of the current web application. This
>  > > <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
>  >
>  > You should follow the instructions in that message to enable displaying
>  > a more helpful error message including a stack trace.
>  >
>  Done (I was confused earlier about the web.config file -- where my app root
> was (i hadn't explicitly created an "app", per se))
>  Now I'm getting this error message:
>  ------------ begin quote ------------------
>  System.IO.FileNotFoundException
>  Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data' or one of its dependencies. The
> system cannot find the file specified.
>  Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.
>  Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or object):
> mscorlib.
>  ---------------- end quote --------------
>  followed by "Exception stack trace..."

OK.  The above was actually caused by an apparently bad (randomly grabbed)
web.config I plastered earlier in my web root, which contained

      <add assembly="MySql.Data"/>

and I had used the pound sign to (try to) comment out the Mysql.Data lines,
which apparently didn't comment them out, which made me assume that the mysql
error was triggered by something else (hence my previous post)

Plus I had an incredible coincidence of a variety of DISSIMILAR syntax errors
across my three test files, plus a case-sensitivity served file error -- all
were masked by the same generic runtime error message but are now clearly

Whew! thanks for the help, and sorry about the nuisance -- i DID say I was a
total beginner (I can't even comment out configuration lines)

More information about the Mono-list mailing list