[Mono-list] GSoC 2010 - GTK# application
berettakk at o2.pl
Sun Mar 21 13:51:03 EDT 2010
I'm a 4th year student in IT. I would like to talk about one of GSoC 2010
proposed projects - Gtk# application. I am thinking about an application to
make anaglyphs. It would:
* be written with GTK#
* use many algorithms (color, half-color, grey, optimised, etc.)
* algorithms will work asynchronously to UI to avoid blocking it
* it will support many input and output filetypes (eg. jpg, bmp, png, tiff,
* it will have a kind of step-by-step creator for begginers (maybe only this
way - to click it out in a few steps, without huge screen with parameters?)
* will have in-code documentation
* will have user guide in html
What do you think about it? Anaglyphs can be interesting for users and it
can be an attractive demo of graphics processing in Mono/GTK#. I haven't
seen many applications of that kind both for linux and windows, especially
free and good-looking (and none with GTK#).
I would like to ask how many projects can be made as GTK# applications in
GSoC. Is there only one 'slot' for that subject, or any interesting
application can be made at GSoC?
View this message in context: http://n4.nabble.com/GSoC-2010-GTK-application-tp1676829p1676829.html
Sent from the Mono - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-list