[Mono-list] Some issues with mono 2.0
jit at occams.info
Mon Sep 22 17:52:44 EDT 2008
Maxim Karavaev wrote:
> Thanks for answer, Joshua.
>>> 1) In rush hours mod_mono server didn't close the connections, and
>>> hundreds or even thousands open connections "kill" the server.
>> Have you tried adding something to httpd.conf like:
>> MonoMaxActiveRequests 10
>> MonoMaxWaitingRequests 30
> Yes, we set both this parameters to 0 for high-loaded web-sites. Other has default value.
Zero turns off the limits. But what I'm saying is that restricting
MonoMaxActiveRequests should *help*, because it is when there are too
many requests that I think mono gets stuck.
>> Or setting the environment variable MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU to something
>> greater than the default of 5?
> Yes, we set MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=2000 for all web-sites. Before it we get other more annoing issue "Service Temporary available".
That's a lot of threads....
>> I've found what you describe to seem to have to do with Mono
>> deadlocking. Though I'm not sure. In any case, that's why I set
>> MonoMaxActiveRequests fairly low at 10.
> 10 is too low for us, we have up to 100 simulatelous requests for some sites.
Simultaneous, but not necessarily processed concurrently. A high enough
MonoMaxWaitingRequests value will keep them waiting until their turn.
Though I can imagine that that might not be good enough.
> We set MonoMaxMemory directive for all vhosts, but it seems like not work. All mono-process grow higher than directive values.
Right, that never worked for me either. I looked over the code in
mod_mono once and couldn't figure out why it didn't do anything.
More information about the Mono-list