[Mono-list] a simple Gtk application on Mac OS X 10.4
giovanni francesco lucchese
giovannifrancescolucchese at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 13:34:45 EST 2006
I'm new with Mac World, so I need help....
I've developed a simple application based on Gtk...I've tested it on
Windows, on Linux and now I would test it on Mac too.
I've read in http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX the instructions:
Installing Gtk# on MacOS X 10.3
While MacOS X has its own GUI toolkit (Aqua/Cocoa), it also includes support
for X11 (Quartz accelerated). Gtk# <http://mono-project.com/GtkSharp> (*
http://mono-project.com/GtkSharp*), Mono's cross platform graphical toolkit
runs on MacOS X but packages are not yet available for it or its
dependencies (which are numerous).
Today, if you want to run or develop Gtk# applications,
(*http://fink.sourceforge.net*) is the best way to install all necessary
dependencies (gnome-desktop and all others). Installing GTK# on MacOS is
still a little effort intensive (instructions from *Geoff Norton*):
- Install the latest Mono.framework
- Install Fink <http://fink.sourceforge.net/> (*
- Update fink to CVS (fink selfupdate-cvs)
- Update fink to unstable
- ...I've execute "fink selfupdate -unstable"..it seems ok
- Update all fink core packages (fink update-all)
- Install Apple X11....I've tried to install it but the system has a
newer version inside
- ....so I think that's all ok
- Install gnome and gtkhtml3 from fink (fink install bundle-gnome
gtkhtml3 gtkhtml3-dev gtkhtml3-shlibs)
- ....HERE I'VE the problem: Ther isn't bundle-gnome (with fink
list it doesn't appear...)...The following instructions I
- Have a coffee / nap / go for a walk while fink installs Gnome.
- Install Gtk# from source to the prefix
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current (You will need to set
the following environment variables:
NOTE: To run Gtk# apps you need to export the following environment
Could someone help me??
What does the command "fink install bundle-gnome gtkhtml3 gtkhtml3-dev
gtkhtml3-shlibs" install (the complete gnome enviroment or only the
libraries I need to run a Gtk app)??...
Giovanni Francesco Lucchese
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-list