[Mono-list] Problem with TcpClient and AppDomains

russell.kay at realtimeworlds.com russell.kay at realtimeworlds.com
Tue Dec 19 04:45:41 EST 2006



Thanks for the input, I have managed to get round it but just by
resolving the DNS lookup in my first domain and then sending it into the
newly created one as an string of the IP address and port number then
creating the TcpClient using an IPAddress class rather than the machine
name string (that causes the DNS lookup in the first place).


I'll try your idea later today and see if that helps - but I have a
working solution in place right now, but I would like to get to the
bottom of this problem to stop similar things happening in the future.


I find the all the explanations of the AppDomain to be sadly lacking as
to what is actual going on and how it interacts with the whole Garbage
Collection, Process, Thread, Fiber infrastructure... I've not seen a
clear concise explanation of how it all interacts, if anyone has any
pointers I would appreciate it.





From: Magee, Robert [mailto:rmagee at verisign.com] 
Sent: 18 December 2006 22:43
To: Russell Kay
Subject: [Mono-list] Problem with TcpClient and AppDomains


hey russel, try setting your AppDomain instance's ConfigurationFile
property to your local config file.  this did the trick for me.


AppDomainSetup setup = new AppDomainSetup()

setup.ConfigurationFile = "My.exe.config";

...bla bla bla...


hope you have success.  if you do, post the solution on the mail list.





Rob Magee

Senior Architect

Verisign Intelligent Supply Chain Services

RMagee at VeriSign.com




This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-list/attachments/20061219/f0c9c51a/attachment.html 

More information about the Mono-list mailing list