[Mono-list] New Mono Logo.
Carlos O'Donell Jr.
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:58:02 -0400
> I don't know. They both aer quite similar. It doesn't change the
> "boxing glove" look that people were complaining about.
> If someone does want me to throw my hat in, I could. I don't know the
> goals of the logo though. The current symbol seems to have the goals of
> being monochrome and formed with simple shapes.
I agree the figure is not friendly.
Nor do I like the long feline ears or crafty smile.
Coming from an artistic background, I would recommend the follwoing
(and will get around to implementing them tonight):
- Make it all hard angles -or- Make it all soft edges
= Not both...
- Remove the neck.
- Try to balance visual weight (too much white on left).
- Take a cute rounded monkey face and make a b&w shillouette.
- Instead of using a rounded box background try different
figures or shapes like a gear or a circle.
- Use a two colour layout to add depth/shadow/detail to the
I think people won't be happy until you run some type of
contest and choose the best submission! ;)