[Mono-list] RE: Compiliation on Linux box problem...
Mon, 27 May 2002 18:00:01 -0400
I thought others maybe interested with your progress.
Here is a link to the Mono Mailing Lists. It will allow you to read the
archives and it will allow to subscribe/unsubscribe to the various
If you think there is a bug with mono/mcs, go to
http://bugzilla.ximian.com/ and enter a new bug.
I'm only guessing about your compile errors: Line 97 sounds like the
Item indexer (this) maybe missing some brackets, and Line 101 sounds
like you are trying to set a constant.
Do you think you can update the sourceforge site with your latest Npgsql
From: Francisco Jr. [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 5:30 PM
To: Daniel Morgan
Subject: RE: Compiliation on Linux box problem...
--- Daniel Morgan <email@example.com> escreveu:
> I'm glad to hear you can build Mono now. Can you
> run it?
Yes! In fact, I tried to compile from rpm source with
no luck. But the precompiled rpm is perfect!
> How about your Npgsql provider? Can it run on Mono
> and successfully
> connect to a PostgreSQL database?
Well, in the first try I received the following error:
mcs -r /usr/lib/System.Data.dll --target library -o
NpgsqlParameterCollection.cs(97) error CS0654: Method
NpgsqlParameterCollection.cs(101) error CS0131: Left
hand of an
assignment must be a variable, a property or an
Error: Compilation failed
Also, as you can see I had to put -r
/usr/local/System.Data.dll but -r System.Data.dll
didn't work. But it is ok. The System.Data.dll is in
/usr/lib and I tried to put /usr/lib in LD_EXPORT_PATH
with no luck :(
After replacing the line with a fake one, I could
Well, so I compiled a client application.
When I run, I got the following error:
WARNING **: unhandled exception
System.ArgumentException: "An invalid argument was
in <0x002c3> Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection:Open()
in <0x0003d> .Test:Main (string)
But with Ethereal I could see that some bytes are sent
on the wire!! That's a good thing! The problem is when
I try to read from the networkstream.
After some trial and error, I could see that the
Networstream.ReceiveBufferSize was returning 87380 and
it was throwing the exception. I changed the value
and... it worked!! At least the connection. :) I will
try the other tests.
So I think that just the first compilation errors
about the get_Item() and set property are the real
one. I will try to figure out why it is happening.
O lugar certo para vocÍ encontrar aquela pessoa que falta na sua vida.
Cadastre-se hoje mesmo!