Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:58:05 +0100
I've started Monkeyguide, (the name can be changed of course) some kind of
tutorial about mono.
It's contains not many things, at the moment, but it hopefully will.
- introduction to mono (technology, installation, mono, mcs, debugger, IDEs,
Linux Kernel support)
- C# tutorial (very incomplete, but it will grow, when I use more time on
- Introduction to some namespaces, that are very near to the language and
provide basic functions(like System, System.IO,
System.Collections,System.Text, System.Threading, for now just empty pages,
only ideas on what to cover)
- Working with ADO.NET (installation, tutorial, information, very
unfinished, but I'm working on it)
- ASP.NET Webpages and WebService (unfinished, too, untested, covers
installation, introduction, tutorial)
- Higher-level classes: System.XML,System.Cryptography, System.Net (nothing,
- a link to Gnome.NET tutorial
- Other stuff
Note: This is not a replacement for documentation, just a guide to get
What do you think? If all the mentioned classes should be coverd,
participation from the community would be needed. Who wants to help? Should
we put it in cvs?