[Mono-list] Interested in contributing
Miguel de Icaza
21 Oct 2001 16:18:17 -0400
[ Sean: I think it would be good to post a summary of the errors in
the class library, or keep it on the Web site so people can see it
> Hi, I am interested in helping contribute to Mono in anyway I
> can. Preferrably coding. Judging by the website, development is
> being done promarily on the windows side, so what needs to be done,
> or who needs help, etc? :)
There are many areas that need work, which area you want to contribute
* Your current experience.
* Your interest in learning to do something new (many hackers
like to learn something new, and this is a way of learning a
new technology, or understand in deep an existing piece of
* Your desires: do you want to work on completeness,
That being said, there are a few areas of interest:
* Class Libraries (Sean has ran the test suite and find many
things that need to be corrected).
* Writing more tests for our core class libraries. This
ensures that we have a solid foundation to build upon.
* New classes. Things that have not been implemented.
* C# Compiler. There are various areas where you could help
in the compiler.
* Catching more errors.
* Implementing missing features.
* Taking on a whole "subsystem".
* Enhancing our regression test suite.
* Integrate Dick's extracted GC system into the build
* Integrate the GC system into the JITer and the
* Make sure that our P/Invoke support is complete and
not just "good enough" for now.
* Help Paolo out with the System.Reflection and