[Mono-dev] Q: "The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found"

Vlad Brezae vlbrez at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 23 00:22:20 UTC 2016

Hello Ran,

           Yes, it's ok to not inline if the compiler has problems with it.

            It seems like you have problems with the installation path. The mono executable has a default path included in itself where it expects to have been installed, along with the assemblies. (in your case, this path is /usr/local). You can either change this path by passing --prefix="path" to autogen (this is also where mono will end up if calling make install), or you can just pass the environment variable MONO_PATH to point to the corlib and other assemblies.


Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

From: Mono-devel-list <mono-devel-list-bounces at lists.dot.net> on behalf of Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 1:06:17 PM
To: mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net; mono-list at lists.dot.net
Subject: [Mono-dev] Q: "The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found"


I am trying to get mono with armv5. I've made some progress on this
issue as following.

I am using 2009q3 for arm , with version 4.0.0

I've configured it as following with autogen.sh:
CXX=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-g++ CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
CFLAGS="-march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mfloat-abi=soft"
./autogen.sh --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --disable-mcs-build

On build I got only one error :
In file included from sgen-major-copy-object.h:33,
                 from sgen-marksweep.c:857:
sgen-copy-object.h: In function 'copy_object_no_checks':
sgen-copy-object.h:41: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call
to 'par_copy_object_no_checks': function body not available
sgen-copy-object.h:95: sorry, unimplemented: called from here

>>> I had removed "MONO_ALWAYS_INLINE" for the function decleration - Is that OK ?

Yet, I still get the same error on exectuable.
# ./mono /home/modem/Elbit/Elbit_test/Elbit.Jdss.TestConsoleMonoNoUI.exe
The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
It should have been installed in the
`/usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll' directory.

After "make" , and "make install" , I deployed it as following:
I copied all /usr folder into some folder in target (I don't have
access to /usr/local/ which is read-only filesystem, but to
/home/usr/local .... )

Thank you for any suggestion,
Mono-devel-list mailing list
Mono-devel-list at lists.dot.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.dot.net/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20160923/1bbe67c5/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list