[Mono-dev] Possible bug in encoding at Solaris and PowerPC
pablosantosluac at terra.es
Wed Aug 29 12:40:49 EDT 2007
I've found a problem with our server running on MacOSX (PPC) and Solaris
SPARC. I'm reading a field in a table from a Firebird database. The field is
In Windows (.NET and Mono) and Linux (Mono) when you read the field using
firebirdDotNet provider you get a Char as a result. In Solaris SPARC and
MacOS X you get a string with two blanks at the end.
I reported it to the firebirdDotNet list but they told me it must be a Mono
problem because it runs on Linux and Windows.
I can file a testcase but you'd probably have to look into the firebird
At the moment I've just made a workaround but it doesn't look like a good
More information about the Mono-devel-list