[Mono-dev] mono recipe in OpenEmbedded
cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 09:52:38 EDT 2007
On 8/24/07, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll upload built ipk packages for the openmoko device tomorrow --
> > they are currently building.
> Download both ipk files to your phone, and then run "ipkg install" on
> them. There is not much there yet as the mcs tree is not building
> yet, but dll's could probably be copied over from your x86 system.
> (disclaimer, I have not tested these yet on my openmoko phone, but
> have run similar tests on a xscale system)
Just getting back to this ...
Instructions for downloading mono packages to NEO phone:
- connect NEO to workstation using USB cable. The NEO USB client
interface defaults to 192.168.0.202.
- download mono binaries from above link
on Host system:
- ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
- scp mono_1.2.4+1.2.5pre5-r3_armv4t.ipk root at 192.168.0.202:
- scp mono-dll_1.2.4+1.2.5pre5-r3_armv4t.ipk root at 192.168.0.202:
- ssh root at 192.168.0.202
You now are logged into a terminal on the NEO.
- ipkg install mono_1.2.4\+1.2.5pre5-r3_armv4t.ipk
- ipkg install mono-dll_1.2.4\+1.2.5pre5-r3_armv4t.ipk
root at fic-gta01:~$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.5 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
GC: Included Boehm (with typed GC)
root at fic-gta01:~$ mcs
error CS2008: No files to compile were specified
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
root at fic-gta01:~$
More information about the Mono-devel-list