[Mono-devel-list] bug and patch to fix it

Andrew Skiba andrews at mainsoft.com
Wed Mar 9 10:34:52 EST 2005

I opened a bug on bugzilla and provided a patch to fix that bug: 

I'd like to pay your attention, that surrogate symbols processing is 
made in many places.

$ grep -r 0xD800  */*.cs|wc -l

My patch fixes only a part of them, as I did not find (yet) testcases 
that cause to pass all possible flows.

Not only calculations are made in 12 places., in every place different 
errors in calculations of surrogates are made. It would be better to 
make a couple of functions that will pair/unpair surrogates and to use 
those functions in every place. The same applies to PeekChar/ReadChar 
functions. Same functionality is implemented in a few places, it's hard 
to maintain.

Andrew Skiba

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list