[Mono-devel-list] Victory and More Questions about Syncing Runtime with Compiler
paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 15:17:57 EDT 2004
> Reinstalled Redhat - sounds ridiculous I know...
Insane more like - whatever possessed you to do such a thing?
> Download everything into a *new* directory from CVS
> Or do I:
> Copy over everything in my existing directory from CVS
Easiest way... taken from the almost infamous website which is getting
hit more than Tyson does when he lumbers into a ring...
1. Ensure you have none of the mono rpms installed. If you do, wipe em.
2. export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.go-mono.com:/mono
3. cvs -z3 co mono mcs gtk-sharp libgdiplus
4. cd mono; ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr;
5. make get-monolite-latest; make bootstrap-monolite
6. su; make install; exit
7. cd ../mcs/class/Managed.Windows.Forms; make clean;
8. make; su; make prefix=/usr install; exit
And now you have an up to date and working install of mono. All you then
need to do to update...
1. cd mcs/class/Managed.Windows.Forms; make clean
2. cd ../System.Windows.Forms; make clean; make; su;
3. make prefix=/usr install; exit; cd ../../..
4. (follow step 2 above)
5. cvs -z3 update mono mcs gtk-sharp libgdiplus
6. cd mono; make bootstrap; su; make install
7. Follow steps 7 and 8 above.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-devel-list/attachments/20041028/b2e2bc00/attachment.bin
More information about the Mono-devel-list