[Mono-devel-list] Side-by-side execution
lluis at ximian.com
Thu Jul 29 06:58:10 EDT 2004
Mono now supports side-by-side execution of 1.1 and 2.0 assemblies. It
means that when running an application, the runtime will detect the
runtime version that the app expects, and will load the correct mscorlib
To determine the runtime to load, Mono checks the following information:
* It looks for supportedRuntime entries in the app configuration file.
* It looks for a requiredRuntime entry in the app configuration file.
* It checks the runtime version embedded in the PE header of the
There are a couple of changes in the installation directories:
* machine.config is now installed in $(prefix)/mono/1.0 and
* The mscorlib.dll for the 1.0 runtime is now installed in
$(prefix)/lib/mono/1.0, instead of $(prefix)/lib.
To update an existing mono installation you need to:
* Update mcs and mono from cvs
* run make bootstrap in mono
* delete mscorlib.dll from $(prefix)/lib
* delete machine.config and DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.asmx from
More information about the Mono-devel-list