[Mono-devel-list] Serial Port (System.IO.Ports.SerialPort) implementation submission
zapodlo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 19:20:02 EST 2004
I have implemented most of the .NET 2.0 SerialPort implementation, and
would like to submit it to the mono project. In addition to the basic
specifications, the code has been partitioned to allow for any serial
port hardware implementation, including the ability to use a network
connected Serial-to-ethernet converter. Please contact me
(YuriAstrakhan at gmail dot com) with any questions.
Implemented so far:
- Plug-in architecture to allow for any hardware/operating system.
- Complete System.IO.Ports.SerialPort class with all public methods /
properties, as described in SDK, with method/property descriptions.
- Stream support (a class inheriting from System.IO.Stream) supporting
- All port control functionality under Windows.and Windows CE (through
- Stubs for the socket serial port (NotImplementedException is thrown
for any port control command)
- Waiting until completion - all methods return immediately, there is
no async support or wait-till-received functionality.
- Only Ascii encoding is supported, other are not complete.
Current implementation uses OpenNetCF serial classes for Windows and
Compact Framework access. There is no Linux or MacOS support.
OpenNetCF has very liberal open source license
Which should be compatible with MIT, but IANAL, thus don't take my
word for it. If licence proves to be an issue, rewriting needed code
should not be too difficult.
More information about the Mono-devel-list