[Mono-devel-list] coco/r c#

Paolo Molaro lupus at ximian.com
Tue Mar 4 06:34:45 EST 2003

On 03/03/03 Derek Gottfrid wrote:
> I have been trying to use the coco/r c# compiler generator for sometime
> w/out success. Initially I made a couple of small changes in the Coco/R
> source to switch file path separators from \ to / and it does run and work
> now but the code it generates is incorrect. It works fine under ms .net sdk
> version of things.  I also tried this with pnet and it gave me the same
> results.  Has anybody had an success in getting coco/r to work properly
> under mono? The code is fairly straight forward and I have read through

As will all the bug reports, you should provide the needed info to
reproduce the issue easily, just saying something doesn't work without
providing any pointers is not going to magically get people to
investigate the bug. Especially if you had to make changes to the
original sources for them to work, if I want to take at look at the
issue I'd have to spend the time to fix the same bugs you have already
If you can't extract a simple test case that reproduces the bug, at the
very least:
1) create a tarball with the needed sources to reproduce and put it
somewhere accessible
2) provide instructuions to follow to reproduce the bug (like, run this
program, than another, see the output I expected is "Duh", but I got
"Doh" instead etc.)



lupus at debian.org                                     debian/rules
lupus at ximian.com                             Monkeys do it better

More information about the Mono-devel-list mailing list