[Mono-announce-list] ANNOUNCE: Tomboy 0.9.3 Released
btimothy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:30:13 EST 2008
This email is to announce Tomboy 0.9.3, another development
release in the 0.9.x series.
Tomboy is a simple personal note-taking application designed to be
unobtrusive and friendly, while supporting inter-note-links similar to
a WikiWikiWeb to help you organize your notes and ideas. It can run
either as a GNOME panel applet or a notification tray icon.
Tomboy's Website: http://www.gnome.org/projects/tomboy
Tomboy's Wiki: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy
* Road Map: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/RoadMap
* Brainstorming: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/PlaceForNewIdeas
Tomboy is available at:
This release includes the following:
* Fix TrayIcon menu items and ordering (#507798).
* Removed tagging UI (superceded by Notebooks).
* Removed deprecated Gtk.Toolbar calls usage in note window.
* Removed Tasks add-in from packaging (see below).
* Restored the "Find" bar to the bottom of the note window.
* New Notebooks feature for note categorization.
* New note templates for new note content customization.
* New extension point for adding preference dialog tabs.
* New extension point for adding tool items into note window toolbar.
* Translation updates: be at latin, es, ne, nb, oc, pl, pt_BR, sv, vi
This is a new feature as of 0.9.3. It allows users to categorize
their notes into separate notebooks, just like you would with
notebooks you have on your desk. We'd really appreciate any up-front
testing. Feature freeze for 0.10 (GNOME 2.22) is one week from today.
Some of you may notice that we've removed the Tasks Add-in from the
package (it's still in SVN). We feel that there are too many problems
with the current implementation and we don't have the time before
feature freeze to take care of them. Moving forward, we think Tomboy
should NOT be a task management system. It's purpose is for note
taking. That being said, we do see value for people to quickly create
a task when they're in the middle of taking a note. We would like to
eventually create an Add-in interface for allowing this feature.
Tasks would be created from within a note, but ultimately stored in a
real task management system. If you're interested in helping with
this effort, please let us know.
UI & String Changes:
Since there have been so many changes for all the recent adjustments,
I'll send out a separate email listing these specifically to the
gnome-doc and gnome-i18n mailing lists.
Special thanks to everyone entering bugs, submitting patches,
keeping translations up to date, and helping to make Tomboy
More information about the Mono-announce-list