[Mono-announce-list] Mono C# Compiler status report
Miguel de Icaza
01 Dec 2001 14:43:35 -0500
The compiler is getting more mature every day. At this point the
major missing features in the compiler are:
* `goto' implementation.
* `using' implemementation (for resource aquisition).
* implementing visibility (right now, the compiler just ignores it,
so everything is public as far as it is concerned ;-)
* using alias (Radek said he would work on this).
* Various versioning bits here and there.
* Dereference of pointer types.
* Unsafe code support.
* Apply to all virtual members all the resolution process that is
applied to methods (another major TODO item).
So things are looking pretty good. Hopefully soon the compiler will
compile itself. I still hope we will be done before the end of the
Once we are feature complete and we can use the compiler to compile
itself and compile the class libraries, we will start profiling the
compiler to optimize it for speed and size.