[MonoDevelop] Seven MD UX questions
s_lessard at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 00:32:44 EDT 2011
1. I added some bookmarks to my code in MonoDevelop. Now I would like to see a
list of all the bookmarks. I couldn't find a pad for bookmarks. Is it possible
to see a list of bookmarks?
2. I have three monitors on my machine. I've undocked several of MonoDevelop's
pads and they are now "floating" on the various monitors. Floating pads are kind
of a pain because they can't auto-hide or be tabbed like they can when docked.
Is there a way to dock the pads into each other, but still outside the main
3. Another window management question. The location of each undocked tab is
relative to the main MonoDevelop window. When I move the main MonoDevelop window
all the "floating" tabs move with it. This pretty much prevents me from
optimizing the screen real estate because MonoDevelop can't be shuffled around
so easily because those floating pads could end up off screen. Is there a way
to change this behavior so that each pad's position is independent of the main
4. I use MonoDevelop's feature for creating custom views to customize the GUI
depending on the task I am doing. Once in a while I decide a particular
view/layout would be better if I tweaked it a bit. Once I do that how do I apply
that layout change so is is saved to the current view?
5. Whenever I open a solution the solution automatically opens in the same view
in which it was last used. Unfortunately if that view had undocked pads on other
monitors all of the undocked pads will open on top of the main MonoDevelop
window on the main monitor instead of opening in the expected location. If I
then go an manually select the view the floating pads return to the expected
position. Is there a way to get MonoDevelop to open the floating pads in the
correct location without manual intervention?
6. At one point today in the Search Results pad (which was docked) I had three
tabs, "Search Results," "Search Results 2," and "Search Results 3." I don't know
how I got three tabs, but I like it. The problem is every time I search the
results are sent to the "Search Results" tab. How do I direct the results to a
different or new tab?
7. Whenever I try to open MonoDevelop's Help window to view documentation the
window appears for about 1/2 second then disappears. How can I fix it?
Thanks for your help,
p.s. I tried looking up MonoDevelop's docs on the web for answers to these
questions but there's not much documentation out there.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Monodevelop-list