[MonoDevelop] Failure to open single files in MonoDevelop 2.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.4

Artifex rhs_artifex at gmx.net
Sat Feb 27 00:06:13 EST 2010

Yesterday I've installed the latest MonoDevelop Release (in this case 2.2.1)
coupled with the Mono-2.6.1 Framework Package on my Mac OS X 10.4

The installer handles everything properly, after having installed Frameworks
prior as has been elaborated upon in the install instructions provided by
the mono-project.

Upon executing >> mono MonoDevelop.exe << I encounter this warning:

Starting MonoDevelop
   Starting MonoDevelop
ERROR [2010-02-27 05:53:01Z]: Apache mime database is missing
   Loading Workbench
      Initializing Main Window
node `classlib-cocoa' is not defined on the documentation map

I see that this is a negligible issue, since it doesn't interfere with the
general handling of the IDE, however after having made a project for any of
the languages (tested with C and C#) I encounter this error upon wanting to
create a source-file for the projects:

ERROR [2010-02-27 05:54:03Z]: System.DllNotFoundException: libglib-2.0.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
  at MonoDevelop.Projects.Text.TextFile.ConvertToBytes (System.Byte[]
content, System.String toEncoding, System.String fromEncoding) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Projects.Text.TextFile.ConvertFromEncoding (System.Byte[]
content, System.String fromEncoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Projects.Text.TextFile.Read (FilePath fileName,
System.String encoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Projects.Text.TextFile.ReadFile (FilePath fileName,
System.String encoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView.Load (System.String fileName,
System.String encoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView.Load (System.String fileName)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.LoadFileWrapper.Invoke (System.String fileName)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

One of the first things I did was to check if libglib-2.0.dylib is even
it is present within /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib
trying to set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to this specific path as has been
suggested within this discussion:
Mono-Develop on Mac OS X building from binaries 
has not helped anything, since it then asked for other dylibs that
apparently weren't included in that specific path...

I hope I've given the details needed to analyze this issue. If not please
get in touch with me and I'll try to provide more information.

Thanks for your patience and attention.

View this message in context: http://n4.nabble.com/Failure-to-open-single-files-in-MonoDevelop-2-2-1-on-Mac-OS-X-10-4-tp1571694p1571694.html
Sent from the Mono - MonoDevelop IDE mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Monodevelop-list mailing list