[MonoDevelop] DeveelDB provider for Database add-in
lnc19 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:28:38 EST 2009
I'm the maintainer of DB addin (the only one i guess). Right now I'm fixing bugs and adding new futures to it: SqlServer, MySql, Sqlite and Pgsql providers (I have no experience in other DB engine, and neither an access to one of this database). A lot of work is needed, i think that a 50% of the addins are working, and i'm in the process of finishing the other 50%.
Add support to new database should be easy, you could see Mysql addin , you should implement:
* Connection Provider: It's in charge of create a new connection. 
* Db Factory: It's the main db class, with a IDbFactory you could have access to Schema Provider, Gui, Provider, and other objects. 
* Dialect: a dialect class to use for diferent language syntaxis. 
* Gui Provider: Represent the gui part, it has all the operations like: Create Table, Database, and others. 
* Schema Provider: Implements all of the needed DB functions operations. 
* Syntax Mode (Xml): If has the Syntax Mode highlighting file (it depends on the provider). 
* PooledDbConnection: an internal (used by the pool manager) pooling class.
With the previous implementations you will have almost all done, but you could need to implemen new dialogs (database creation, and others).
Any help that you need just ask and if i could i will response.
> From: antonello at deveel.com
> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 03:07:35 +0100
> To: monodevelop-list at lists.ximian.com
> Subject: [MonoDevelop] DeveelDB provider for Database add-in
> Hi Guys...
> As I said before in this mailing list (and some of you know), I've
> created an embedded (and recently also network) RDBMS named DeveelDB
> oriented to .NET/Mono frameworks (http://db.deveel.com): MonoDevelop
> Database add-in includes several SQL providers (Firebird, MySQL,
> Postgres, SQLite, etc.) and I was wondering what's the procedure
> required to develop a provider to be included in the distribution of
> the add-in.
> Thank you for the support.
> Monodevelop-list mailing list
> Monodevelop-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Monodevelop-list