[MonoDevelop] Add-in questions & Assembly questions
andy at ninjagod.com
Sat May 16 07:40:12 EDT 2009
I'm writing an add-in for MonoDevelop as my GSoC project, after an evening
of hacking and trying to get it to work, I've not been able to. Michael
Hutchinson is my mentor and he's help me set it up. I just wanted to ask a
few questions I have, and ask people if there's anything I'm doing wrong.
I'm starting off using the DateInserter example on the MD Wiki. I use a
near-trunk build for regular usage, but write the code on the trunk tree.
here's what I've done so far:
* Built MD with ./configure --profile=select, with main and addinauthoring
* opened the main.mdw workspace with extras and main solutions.
* added a new project to the Main/Addins
* Wrote the code exactly as it's mentioned on the wiki.
* Built only the single addin's solution using F7 which happens quite
quickly, and that's nice
* The addin compiles to the DLL and I added the path to the dll to
* I set the PKG_CONFIGURE_PATH in my .bashrc to point to the local-config of
my trunk tree.
* On the addins reference section, I set the dependencies to version 2.1.0,
the assembly info is automatically generated. However,
monodevelop.components says that it's the wrong version.
I'm running MD from /opt/md, while there's my distro-specific one on
/usr/local. I usually run the /opt/md one, but don't know if there's an
environmental variable to set.
I can see the Insert Date option in the edit window, but if I click on it, I
get this error message on the console:
** (MonoDevelop:10019): WARNING **: Missing method
referenced in assembly
Can someone offer suggestions on how I can go about getting the assembly
Fourth Year Undergrad - Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Monodevelop-list