[MonoDevelop] Improving hungarian translation of MD
m.j.hutchinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:30:06 EST 2009
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Stifu <stifu at free.fr> wrote:
> Same for the French version, half of it is in English...
> I wouldn't mind helping either, if it's easy.
> Bálint Kriván wrote:
>> I would like to improve the hungarian translation of MD, because the new
>> strings of the new features aren't translated.
>> How can I participate in this?
The translation process is explained in the README at:
However, it should be relatively straightforward to do it now without
touching the command-line.
1. Open the MonoDevelop solution with MonoDevelop, and go to the po
project in main.
2. Context menu on the project -> Update translations (this may not be
necessary if the files are up-to-date).
3. Double-click on the translation you wish to work on.
4. Translate any values with red or yellow markers. Yellow ones are
"fuzzy", and have been guessed from other translations. When you fix
them, uncheck the "fuzzy" checkbox. Don't forget to save regularly!
5. Build the po project, then run MonoDevelop to test it. You might
have to "export LANG=langcode" and "make run" from a terminal if it's
not your current environment's language.
When you're done, zip up the po file and send to me, or attach it to a
It's also good to announce your intention on the list, so that someone
else doesn't duplicate your work.
More information about the Monodevelop-list