[MonoDevelop] VersionControl Add-in for Perforce
cmarshall at pacificbiosciences.com
Tue Jul 1 19:56:26 EDT 2008
I'm looking to implement a VersionControl Add-in for MonoDevelop that
uses Perforce as the back-end, and had a few questions about VC and
- First, has someone already written such a thing? (I'm assuming not,
given Google's silence).
- It doesn't look like there's any way for MonoDevelop to figure out
that a particular solution/project/file/etc. is already under version
control -- I only see hooks to "checkout" and "publish" code. If this
doesn't exist, that would obviously be a neat feature.
- Related to that, how does the VC add-in know that a solution is
under version control?
- I'd like to add a simple preference pane, which lets you globally
enable the Add-in. I presume this is easy to do, I just haven't looked
hard enough yet at how to do it.
- Does RequestWritePermission do what I hope it does? As in, if a file
needs to be written by MonoDevelop, will this be called if the file is
not writable? This is clearly desirable, here, since Perforce leaves
un-checked-out files read-only. I don't see any other command in
Repository that ties to a "check out this file for editing." (which, of
course, VC systems that are better than Perforce don't usually have, but
I'm working with what I'm stuck with)
- Is there a simple way to get a "console," or some way to print out
what p4 commands are being run? I think the IProgressMonitor plugs into
one, but I don't get passed one with every command -- I'm implementing
this by just using the `p4' command-line program, and I'd like to have
this for debugging and monitoring.
Also, if the community is interested in this add-in, we might be able to
release it as open source.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Monodevelop-list