[MonoDevelop] An idea for MD new logo !?
s.scarciglia at hyperphar.com
Wed Jul 19 02:13:33 EDT 2006
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:29:39 +0200
Lluis Sanchez <lluis at ximian.com> wrote:
> You look worried about people thinking that MD is a cheap copy of Visual
> Studio. So what? Will this make MD a worse IDE? Nope. Will this reduce
> the number of potential MD users? Nope (in fact, it could make MD more
> easily discoverable). So, I just don't care. Salvatore followed its own
> design process to create the logo, that's enough for me.
I totally agree with Lluis !
These are my opinions on MonoDevelop & Co. :
1. I'm also a Visual Studio (6.0) Developer, and I think that this environment
is the best IDE that Microsoft has developed in his history (surely better than
2. I like the VS logo because is simple, abstract, and directly identify the
3. I prefer "abstract" logos because are more "immediate"; the logo I have
proposed is really simple and can be easaly drawed by hand !
4. The colors used in my logo are taken directly from the Tango's palette, and
i really like them
5. I think that the logo seems to be: dynamic, powerful and aggressive (please
don't use a logo with a Monkey !!! i.e. I really don't like the Gambas logo)
These are my opinions.
More information about the Monodevelop-list