[MonoDevelop] asmx template
james.fitzsimons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:21:59 EDT 2005
I have noticed a nasty little bug/feature (whatever) that occurs with
web services created using MonoDevelop. The first couple of lines of the
asmx file will look something like this:
<%@ WebService Language="C#" Class="HelloWorld.Hello,Hello" %>
// created on 09/07/2005 at 23:39
I noticed the when I changed my web service to use code behind instead
of all in the asmx file as MD created it. If you leave the comment in
the asmx file, when you attempt to use your web service you will get an
error similar to the following:
Server error in '/services' application
Description: Error processing request.
Error Message: HTTP 500.
System.TypeLoadException: Cannot load type
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
Not the most helpful of errors I think you would agree (incidentally the
MS framework reports the same exception).
I suggest either generating the web services as two seperate files to
begin with (preferred solution), or simply not putting the comment in
for asmx files.
Now you can definitely attribute the blame to me for being dense, but
I'd like to avoid others wasting as much time on this as I did.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://galactus.ximian.com/pipermail/monodevelop-list/attachments/20050711/d87e689a/attachment.bin
More information about the Monodevelop-list