[MonoDevelop] #D coorporation
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:26:57 -0500
On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 19:14 +0100, Giuseppe Greco wrote:
> I do not agree!
> Just download the following sample application and
> try to build it with the latest version of nant:
> We develop our software on Linux, and we use NAnt to build
> it. Of course, at the beginning there were some small problems,
> but now I can assure you that NAnt is quite mature.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree here:
1. Nant has greatly improved recently, and I have used it myself on
linux for a long time.
2. Your sample is only managed code.
3. does nant support building C?
4. There is no one build system that is best for everything
5. It is not really about nant being immature, more about not solving
all the same problems as the auto* tools yet
6. I just tried it and it failed, which means I have to re-download nant
and update it, see if it works, maybe edit the framework settings, then
retry, so you see it is not as simple as you think