[Mono-winforms-list] [Mono-list] Bug? DataGridView on Mono Crashes (or locks rather)... does not occur on Microsoft platforms
W Allan Edwards
silicon_plains at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 08:46:13 EST 2009
Yes, the DataGridView works now on 2.4 BUT I had a bug back on the 1.9 version where when I clicked on a tree node it would not select properly. I then moved to 2.2 and that fixed that issue. Now on 2.4 the tree node click issue is back! : - )
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:21:10 +0000
> From: contact at i-nz.net
> To: wallanedwards at gmail.com
> CC: mono-list at lists.ximian.com; mono-winforms-list at lists.ximian.com
> Subject: Re: [Mono-list] Bug? DataGridView on Mono Crashes (or locks rather)... does not occur on Microsoft platforms
> Please try using Mono 2.4 RC1 . There were *many* changes related to
> databinding and DGV that were done during the 2.4 development cycle.
> If you still experience problems then please file a bug
> (http://mono-project.com/Bugs) so I/we can look at it.
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:17 PM, W Allan Edwards
> <silicon_plains at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I appear to have found a bug in the mono stack? Or was it a design
> > implementation choice?
> > Here is the scenario... I pull data from a database, then load up a Dataset
> > then find it to a Datagridview. Then I substitute textual values inside of
> > that grid based on the numeric values in the grid. I do this "after" I have
> > already bound the DataSet table to the DataGridView.
> > On the Microsoft side (Vista) this error does not occur... or no lock up.
> > The DataTable "object" the datagridview is bound to simply updates to the
> > underlying table data changed on the fly. When you run the commented lines
> > of code the application on Mono will lock up and just stop execution. I get
> > no exception thrown or any clue as to what is going on. The app just locks,
> > I have to manually kill the process. I changed the code just to update the
> > grid cell directly and it works fine on both platforms for display purposes.
> > // Commented code that locks on linux
> > //BoundDataSet.Tables.Rows[i][DataGridViewColumnIndexToConvert] =
> > // DisplayValue;
> > // Uncommented code below runs on both mono and the Microsoft stack no
> > problems as expected
> > oDataGridView.Rows[i].Cells[DataGridViewColumnIndexToConvert].Value =
> > DisplayValue;
> > Version information for reproduction
> > OpenSuse 11.1 32-bit Linux, Mono 2.2 (freshly released and installed)
> > Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium edition 32-bit, .NET 2.0 framework
> > compilation for all libs
> > Algorithmic scenario
> > 1 - Pull db data
> > 2 - Bind to DataGridView
> > 3 - Update numeric values in the underlying bound DataTable bound to the
> > Grid (originally via the DataTable, now just the Grid Display Cell value)
> > Thanks,
> > -A-
> > _______________________________________________
> > Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
> > http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list
> Kind Regards,
> Ivan N. Zlatev
> Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-winforms-list