[mono-vb] Contributing Microsoft Sync Framework
quandary82 at hailmail.net
Tue Jun 1 16:51:34 EDT 2010
I'd like to implement the Microsoft.Synchronization.Files Namespace and
subnamespace in managed code for mono/Linux.
As of June 7th, 2010, I'll be in the Swiss Army for the (compulsory) 3
weeks repetition course bs each year.
So if I mangage to slip away unnoticed for most of the time, as I mostly
do, I'll have 3 weeks time to implement it.
Probably, quite a part of the Sync framework would follow in the process.
So... I read the (thy shall not reverse-engineer part of the) contribute
page, but I have some questions:
0. I assume I don't have to change "Microsoft" in
Microsoft.Synchronization to something else because of trademark issues ?
1. Shall I implement it in VB.NET or in C# ? Does it matter ?
2. Once completed, where do I upload it? (svn? write access? Submit to
3. Since I'll implement first what I need, what do I do with methods
that I do declare already, but that are not yet implement ? Throw an
4. What license has it to be under ? Basically, can I choose BSD/LGPL ?
5. Is there a quick way to extract properties/types/inherits/overloaded
functions/procedures info ?
6. I assume I'll have to write a makefile, not supply a project, right ?
Unit test, too ?
More information about the Mono-vb