[mono-packagers] Moonlight 2.0 RPM spec file
ajorgensen at novell.com
Fri Dec 11 14:34:17 EST 2009
Attached is the final (or nearly so) Moonlight 2.0 RPM spec file. To
build properly this will require a newer tarball than what is available
right now (there were some dist problems in earlier betas). We may be
making the next RC available today or Monday with the final 2.0 sometime
next week. In the mean time you can get my unofficial sources from
http://ftp.novell.com/~ajorgensen/ for testing purposes only. Please
wait for the next RC or the final release before publishing packages.
* This requires a special version of mono-2.6 for now, and
possibly in future. We know that this is not ideal. Unofficial
sources are available at the same location and official sources
will be published to ftp.novell.com.
* It also requires that the mono on your system be 2.6 (but this
does not need to be a special 2.6, RC1 works fine).
* You can see in the spec file that to build the plugin requires a
built mono source tree AND an unbuilt mono-basic source tree.
* If you want to link against a system copy of cairo you must have
at least version 1.8.4. Define with_cairo to be "system" to
* If you wanted to build just the desktop assemblies (and not the
browser plugin) you could use --disable-browser-support and NOT
need the special mono-2.6 or mono-basic. I apologize that the
spec file is not parameterized for this right now but I expect
that will not generally be a problem.
* The ffmpeg switch for packman is still there but I do not know
if it works. Please file a bug if ffmpeg support seems broken.
We have the downloader for the MS codecs so this has not been a
* You will probably need to tweak the xulrunner dep for your
* The %files lists should give a good idea how to organize your
packages. If something is unclear please ask me.
* Let me know of any problems you find.
* If you make an improvement (to conform w/ the Fedora Packaging
Guidelines, for instance) please contribute those back to me,
unless they are very distro-specific changes.
As always please let me know how I can make your lives easier.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 9846 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-packagers-list/attachments/20091211/f38c63ea/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the mono-packagers-list