[Mono-osx] Unable to discover Web service from Visual Studio
Vikram.Kone at microsoft.com
Wed May 14 16:19:32 EDT 2008
I have created a webservice, by the following steps.
1. Installed the latest version of Mon 1.9.1 on my Leopard OSX
2. Jump started the apache server on OSX
3. Opened Mono develop. And the from New solution selected a ASP.NET web application.
4. Remove the default*.* files from the solution, and added a new file, Web Service with code behind.
5. Now created a web method in the my-project.asmx.cs file
6. Built the project .
7. "Run" the project
Now according to apache, the source folder should be placed under /Library/WebServer/documents folder to be accessible from outside
Now, my client , which is on Windows, is not able to detect the services offered by this service on OSX.
Steps in client.
1. Open Visual studio
2. Create new project -> ASP.NET web application
3. Add web reference
4. Now when I type the source of the service as follows.
it says no proper discovery file found?!!
I also tried http://xx.xx.xx.xx/my-project/my-project.asmx
But didn't work.
Am I doing something wrong?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-osx