[Mono-list] Mono performance with llvm is faster but crashes under load
spigaz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:24:45 UTC 2015
When I found out about that issue with sgen (by the way, its actually a
regression), I always thought that it had to affect a lot more people.
Anyway, they fixed it before, so they should fix it again soon :)
If you want to follow it:
That was how I was able to isolate it, but I get it in other scenarios as
well, last time they fixed it, the other scenarios also went away, so lets
hope the same!
Happy hunting... :)
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Igor Birman <igor_birman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was using the default sgen, I'm running boehm now and it seems to be
> stable, great idea thanks!
> On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:54 PM, Alexandre Faria <spigaz at gmail.com>
> Have you tried with both GC? sgen and boehm (mono-boehm)
> I'm having those kind of issues with sgen, so I advise you to try boehm.
> I was able to reproduce it and filed a test case.
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Igor Birman <igor_birman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need go get our code to run faster with mono on Linux, and we have been
> testing llvm. It does improve speed, but crashes with a segmentation fault
> when we put it under load. I'm having trouble figuring out what's blowing
> up, the core dump doesn't have much information in it. What can I do to
> learn more about debugging mono problems so I can trace the source of this
> Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mono-list