[Mono-list] WCF - Mono server with Microsoft .NET client

cocowalla colin.anderson333 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 15:51:36 UTC 2014

I've got a .NET client and server that works using NetTcpBinding on Windows,
with the Microsoft .NET Framework.

I want to allow running the server on Linux, using Mono 3.2.7. However, when
the Microsoft .NET client tries to call a method on the Mono server, it get
this error message:

    "Unable to contact agent 192.168.0.xx: Error in deserializing body of
reply message for operation 'MyMethod'. The empty namespace requires a null
or empty prefix.

    The empty namespace requires a null or empty prefix."

I've also tried it with BasicHttpBinding instead, and again it works fine
with the Microsoft .NET Framework - but it still won't work with Mono. I get
a similar error to the one I get with NetTcpBinding:

    "Cannot redefine the namespace for prefix '' used at current element"

View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/WCF-Mono-server-with-Microsoft-NET-client-tp4661965.html
Sent from the Mono - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Mono-list mailing list