[Mono-list] Building mono 3.012 / libgdiplus / xsp / mod_mono from source tarballs
james.wright at jigsawdezign.com
Wed Jul 17 08:39:58 UTC 2013
I recently tried upgrading from Mono 2.10.8 to Mono 3.0.12 on my
Amazon Linux box (CentOS based I think) but hit a few snags along the way;
1) In addition to just the Mono tarball I also need libgdiplus, xsp, and
mod_mono. The versions provided on the download page seem to be updated,
see (http://download.mono-project.com/sources/). e.g.
libgdiplus-2.10.9.tar.bz2 (08 Feb 2012)
xsp-2.10.2.tar.bz2 (14 Apr 2011)
mod_mono-2.10.tar.bz2 (14 Feb 2011)
2) libgdiplus failed to build, only worked after doing "export echo=echo"
3) XSP failed to build without doing "export
4) mod-mono-server4.exe in wrong location, had to copy
"mod-mono-server4.exe" from "/usr/bin/mono/4.0/" to "/usr/bin/mono/4.5/".
Consequently also had to edit "/usr/bin/mod-mono-server4" to;
exec /usr/bin/mono $MONO_OPTIONS
5) Lastly, I was under the impression SGen was the default garbage
collector from Mono 3.0, have simply running "mono --version" says the
garbage collector is still Boehm, is that correct?
I think the Mono project is great, and been impressed with its
stability on our servers over the last two years, but these silly little
packaging and build issues are frustrating. The default reply seems to
be just grab some tagged version from the git repository, but I'm
probably not alone in just wanting to download and build the required
source tarballs in the traditional way!
More information about the Mono-list