[Mono-list] GTKsharp 3

Daniel Morgan monodanmorg at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 01:23:03 UTC 2012

Mike Kestner is the maintainer of Gtk#.  However, I agree.  If he does not have time no more, then someone should become the new maintainer of gtk#.

Gtk# can be found here at Github.  You will see changes have been made for gtk+ 3.0.   And you will see custom files have been moved to partial classes.

We have been waiting a long time for a preview of Gtk# 3.0.  

 From: Daniel Hughes <trampster at gmail.com>
To: Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte at gmail.com> 
Cc: Mono-list at lists.ximian.com 
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Mono-list] GTKsharp 3

I have managed to gain the following information from this bug report:


The banshee port to GTK# 3 is complete they are just waiting for a release of GTK # 3 (as of 3 months ago, from Comment 8)

Mike is the maintainer of GTK# but he doesn't have any time to work on it (according to Comment 7). I'm not sure who this Mike is but if he doesn't have time to maintain it, is the project then in need of a new maintainer?

I still have not been able to establish where the GTK# 3 code is hosted. If I knew that I could start trying to port my application, submit bug reports and even contribute any fixes I require. 

I would also like to know who is in a position to issue a release. I can't see why a release shouldn't happen straight away so that us app developers and go ahead and attempt to port our applications. The most effect way to kill a opensource project (or any project) is to never release.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Andres G. Aragoneses <knocte at gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/09/12 08:46, Mathias Tausig wrote:
>On Tuesday 11. September 2012 11:53:03 Andrew York wrote:
>>How far along is XWT? I'm don't mind trying out something in beta for
>>>fun, but I'm not smart enough to make major contributions. Is XWT far
>>>enough along for the average end developer to start having fun with?
>>I recently tried it for a new project. It is actually very stable and very
>>comfortable to work with, but the problem is, that is still missing a lot of
>>features that you would expect from something you want to use productively
>>(like message boxes, window-close event, open file dialog, password entry field)
If everybody thought like that, nobody would use any library or framework at all.
>Decent helpers usually have about 80% of what you need. That is already a huge saving if you can use the helper instead of writing your own. You just need to write the other 20%[1]
>* As for us, we used it and had to implement couple of things which were merged recently from our pull-requests: progress bars and status-icon widget. So please, go ahead and implement MessageBoxes and PasswordTextEntries.
>Mono-list maillist  -  Mono-list at lists.ximian.com

Mono-list maillist  -  Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/mono-list/attachments/20120912/5a1945c2/attachment.html>

More information about the Mono-list mailing list