[Mono-list] new install stopped working

DevLOOP devloop at flight.us
Sun Dec 30 18:27:10 UTC 2012

Cheers all

I am a COMPLETE newcomer to both mono & .net

I compiled & installed mono 2.11.3 four days ago, on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid),
and it seemed to work out of the box, with the sample calendar "widget",
accessed via the web.  It's configured to run with Apache2 (as opposed to xsp).
 (It also worked with a few other code bits, some of which I modified a bit)

Then, suddenly today, for no system change I can think of (I don't remember
changing anything relevant),  I started getting the generic runtime error
message (no specifics that I can find)

What may be causing the error?

While googling for answers I realized there were newer versions of mono than
2.11.3, so I compiled and installed 3.0.2, then directed Apache to use 3.0.2

I'm still getting the same exact runtime error (except for version information
in the footer, which was eventually updated, though not on first apache restart)

My error message page begins with:

Application Exception
Runtime Error
A runtime error has occurred

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom
error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error
from being viewed (for security reasons).
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable,
please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file
located in the root directory of the current web application. This
<customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

---- the rest is omitted ----------------


More information about the Mono-list mailing list