[Mono-list] porting from .NET to Mono
malcolm.justin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:29:47 EST 2010
Common porting problems are things like case-sensitivity and hard-coded
1) Windows is not case sensitive but both Linux and Mac are. If you have
not been careful, you will need to fix any case mismatches as part of your
2) If you have a hard-coded path that includes a path separator you will
likely have problems. Use the built-in .NET methods in System.IO to make
the paths cross-platform.
Check out a tool called MOMA: http://www.mono-project.com/MoMA
1) See above
2) As long as it is purely managed code (CIL) then yes, I believe so.
3) Mono runs the same code on all platforms (barring bugs and P/Invoke)
4) I do not think this makes much sense unless you really rely heavily on
5) Keep as much managed as you can.
View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/porting-from-NET-to-Mono-tp3049097p3049201.html
Sent from the Mono - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Mono-list