[Mono-list] Mono.Addins 0.5 released
Lluis Sanchez Gual
slluis.devel at gmail.com
Tue May 25 12:10:30 EDT 2010
I'm pleased to announce the release of Mono.Addins 0.5.
Mono.Addins is a generic framework for creating extensible applications,
and for creating libraries which extend applications.
The 0.5 release of Mono.Addins comes packed with new features,
* User defined custom attributes can now be used to declare
extensions and add-in metadata.
* The new AddinEngine class allows hosting several independent
add-in engines in a single application domain.
* Improved lazy loading of add-ins. More information is now lazy
* An XML manifest can now be split in several files embedded as
resources in an assembly.
* More add-in information can be declared using custom attributes
instead of an XML manifest: author list, imported files and
assemblies, optional modules, localizers.
* Added new API based on generic methods and collections.
* New MSBuild tasks file and target, which allows using add-in
references directly in a build file (still experimental).
* Reorganized the samples directory.
* New and improved documentation.
* Many bug fixes.
Another important change is that Mono.Addins is now hosted in CodePlex:
If you are interested in knowing more about Mono.Addins, take a look at
http://monoaddins.codeplex.com/documentation. The new Programming Guide
document shows some of the new features of this release.
You can download the source code from:
More information about the Mono-list