[Mono-list] FIXED - Everything working now

Ylian ysainthilaire at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 10:41:11 EDT 2010

Yesterday night I 
posted a blog  about the  http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp
Developer Tools for UPnP Technologies  now working on MONO.

First, ExclusiveAddressUse was optional and not my real problem anyway.
Skipping it was perfectly fine. The real problem was that I normally bind a
different socket to each local interface and join the SSDP multicast group.
After much trial and error I noticed that if I bind to ANY, it worked and I
started receiving multicast traffic, but bind to a specific interface and I
would not.

Now, I MUST know the specific local interface on which I received the
multicast packet so, binding to ANY is not an option. I then noticed that
you can specify an interface in the multicast join, so I tried creating a
bunch of sockets all with ANY bind, but each with a multicast join on a
separate local interface. That worked!

I had to chance the code because normally when I receive traffic, I look at
the client.localendpoint to give me to local interface then traffic came on.
Since all sockets are now bind to ANY, I have to carry the localendpoint
separately. This was an easy fix and the result is impressive. The main
tools Device Sniffer, Device Spy and Network Light all work perfectly.

http://opentools.homeip.net opentools.homeip.net 
View this message in context: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Porting-UPnP-Tools-to-MONO-Socket-ExclusiveAddressUse-problem-tp2173013p2173919.html
Sent from the Mono - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

More information about the Mono-list mailing list