atsushieno at veritas-vos-liberabit.com
Wed Dec 22 02:23:40 EST 2010
There are some points to note for answer to your question:
- There is "Add Service Reference" command implemented in MonoDevelop 2.4.
- svcutil tool is also implemented. The ASR command above is just an
way to this tool.
- Our cilent proxy generator has limited functionality and not rock
- The generated proxy might not communicate fine with .NET services. I
test WCF fixes in complicated way, mono client to .NET service, .NET
mono service, and mono on both sides, but there's always failing cases.
- Our proxy generator either doesn't support whatever we don't support
WCF engine itself, or it may generate code that are not supported in
- MD's proxy generator code is somewhat old. It was copied from our svcutil
implementation in mcs/tools/svcutil. We have newer code that works better
with the latest WCF assemblies (i.e. git master), but I'm not sure if
svcutil code works fine with 2.8 WCF assemblies. I'm thinking to
old code in MD when Mono 2.10 is getting out.
Anyways, give it a try! (it is possible at least ;-)
(2010/12/22 5:14), Steve Gentile wrote:
> Is anyone using WCF with Monodevelop ? Is it possible ? I have a mvc project with wcf that I want to migrate over to use on MonoDevelop
> Mono-list maillist - Mono-list at lists.ximian.com
More information about the Mono-list