[Mono-list] Weird issue with Process.Start (works with MS .NET)

Anteru newsgroups at catchall.shelter13.net
Thu Nov 12 04:08:06 EST 2009


got a very weird problem with Process.Start here, and I don't know where
to start debugging (first issues actually I ever had with Mono.) Problem
appears like this, I set up a ProcessStartInfo, register the
OutputDataReceived handler, and then I start the process using Start(),
but unfortunately, Start() never returns and the app just hangs. Code
looks like this:

		// Never comes here ...

I tried it in an isolated test case, but no luck. Using the .NET Runtime
on Windows it works flawlessly, while it hangs _every time_ using Mono.
(Source code:

Might be related to the network stuff going on, or maybe because it's in
 a ThreadPool :/ I tried to reproduce it in a smaller test case by
starting a thread and trying to read (works), I also tried to run in a
thread pool (works also), so there must be something in the app which
breaks it, but I have no idea where to start debugging.

I checked access rights, these are fine, and running the executable
manually also works fine.


More information about the Mono-list mailing list