[Mono-list] Connecting Remote SQL Server through C#
vvaradhan at novell.com
Wed Jun 10 21:45:24 EDT 2009
On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 04:53 -0700, sarim shah wrote:
> I have a c# application which needs to connect with MSSQL Server remotely
> from linux through mono, but I am having the following error;
> "server does not exist or connection refused".
> There seems to be no connectivity issue as I've tried creating a DSN using
> easysoft ODBC which was connected successfully to that remote MSSQL Server.
> Can I use that DSN with my existing C# application?
1) Which version of MSSQL server that you are trying to connect to?
2) Which version of mono are you running?
3) Is remote-connection enabled in the server?
4) Is server-hostname/ip resolvable from the linux box?
5) Can you attach a simple program that gives you this error?
More information about the Mono-list