[Mono-list] ListViewItemSorter property for FileDialog to folow .Net functions
everaldo.canuto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:28:03 EDT 2008
I just review your patch and I think that you can improve it before get it on
SVN. Also I think that is better if you create a bug report in bugzilla an
attach your patch, in description you can use "[Patch]" to identify that it is a
patch so we can track it in bugzilla like all other patches.
You can see some examples about how we track patches in
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=325809 or you can see also other
bugs marked as "patch".
So, now let us go to my suggestions to your patch:
* Indent your code using Tab instead of spaces like the rest of MWF code and
we have an "space" before every "(" in method declaration.
* On top of mcs svn module we have CodingStyle file, you can read it to see
more about Mono code style. Also you can read it on our wiki:
* The method mwfFileView_ColumnClick could be called OnColumnClickFileView
to be in accord with all other mwfFileView methods. Also, remove the
System.Windows.Forms. from ColumnClickEventHandler, look to the line before
and do the same.
* Rename ListViewItemComparer to MwfFileViewItemComparer so later if we need
to implement another comparer class we will not have problems with names.
* In mwfFileView_ColumnClick now ColumnClickEventHandler we have one try-catch
that send a error message to console, I dont think that we need this
try-catch but if we really need it will be better to prevent errors on
* AscDesc var is also not a good name for a private member (Coding_Guidelines)
maybe you can use something like "mwffileview_order" or "fileview_order".
* According to MSDN, after use ListViewItemSorter you dont need to call sort
maybe MSDN is wrong (it happens a lot) so is better to test if we really
need to call Sort method.
* Check also private member names in MwfFileViewItemComparer class.
Ah, make sure that the patch is also generated using last Mono SVN trunk.
Thank you very much,
More information about the Mono-list