[Mono-list] Mono.Addins 0.4 released
Lluis Sanchez Gual
lluis at novell.com
Thu Nov 6 18:17:19 EST 2008
I'm pleased to announce the release of Mono.Addins 0.4.
Mono.Addins is a generic framework for creating extensible applications,
and for creating libraries which extend those applications.
The 0.4 release includes several improvements and bug fixes:
* Added support for specifying paths to exclude from the add-in
scan in .addins files  and in add-in manifests .
* There are several new flags  which can be applied to
* Can't uninstall: the add-in can't be uninstalled.
* Can't disable: the add-in can't be disabled.
* Hidden: the add-in won't be visible in the setup tools.
* Fixes in the add-in scanner.
* The new (and optional) Mono.Addins.CecilReflector
assembly provides a Cecil-based backend for the add-in
scanner. This scanner is more reliable than the
reflection based scanner.
* When updating the registry, the add-in scanner will only
update add-ins belonging to the running application
(ignoring directories from other instances of the same
or different applications sharing the same registry).
* Fixed issue with path length limitation in Windows.
* Other bug fixes and API improvements.
If you are interested in knowing more about Mono.Addins, take a look at
You can download a tarball from:
More information about the Mono-list